Committed to Excellence
Grand Rapids DUI Attorneys
Michigan OWI Defense Representation
Driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is illegal in Michigan and carries multiple punishments. If you have been arrested for drunk driving in or around the Grand Rapids area, it is crucial that you seek experienced legal help. While you may think the state’s case against you is foolproof, defense strategies exist which can make a difference in the final outcome. Having a trusted and proven defense attorney in your corner as soon as possible is the most proactive step you can take in the wake of an arrest.
At Tanis Schultz, our Grand Rapids OWI lawyers have a proven legal team that has helped thousands of individuals fight charges such as these. We understand the stress you may be under and the seriousness of the consequences and can apply our years of legal experience handling all facets of DUI/OWI to your case.
Our Guarantee: If your license is not restored your next hearing is free.
Drunk Driving Laws in Michigan
Michigan law has established the following as illegal in regards to impaired driving:
- Driving while intoxicated from alcohol or any other controlled or intoxicating substance
- Driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 percent or more
- Driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .17 percent or higher will result in a High BAC offense
- Driving with any quantity of cocaine or a Schedule 1 drug
Driving can be impaired by over-the-counter drugs, prescription drugs, and street drugs. For those under 21, it is illegal to drive with a BAC measuring .02 percent or more.
You can be charged with the following offenses:
- Operating while visibly impaired (OWVI)
- Operating while intoxicated (OWI)
- Operating with a BAC of .17% or higher (“high BAC”)
- Operating with any presence of cocaine or a Schedule 1 drug (OWPD)
If convicted, you may face penalties that can include potential jail time, heavy fines, license suspension, community service, probation, drunk driving education, and/or the need for an ignition interlock device.
Contact Our Grand Rapids DUI Lawyer Today
To fight back, you will need a strong defense. Our Grand Rapids DUI attorney stands ready to help with aggressive, experienced, effective, and dedicated legal representation.
Contact our Grand Rapids DUI attorney at (616) 608-7149 to schedule your free consultation!
“You can tell she really knows her stuff and will help you with all she’s got to offer every case, every time!” - M.H.
“Without this office's expert advice, professionalism, attention to detail, and preparation, I would still be disabled without benefits.” - A.
“They are clearly dedicated to their clients. I would highly recommend them!” - B.L.
Track Record of Success
The Tanis Schultz Difference
- Our attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience handling various areas of the law with precision.
- When you hire one of our experienced attorneys you get an entire team!
- We are a professional law firm that provides a competitive advantage and the experience to address your legal issues.
- Our attorneys have experience handling high-profile, complex cases with complete success.