Do I Need a Grand Rapids Domestic Violence Lawyer?

gavel and justice scale

At Tanis Schultz PLLC, our experienced criminal defense attorneys are ready to protect you against domestic violence or domestic abuse allegations in both the Kent County Criminal Courts and the Kent County Family Law Courts. Having handled countless domestic violence cases, we recognize that often times a criminal domestic violence case can have implications in family court as well. Our office is equipped to handle criminal and family law cases. We have attorneys that specialize in family law and attorneys that specialize in criminal defense, this ensures that your attorneys can work together collaboratively and proactively to defend and protect your rights. Our collaborative approach ensures our clients a unified and consistent defense that is tailored for both the criminal process and the family court process.

Domestic violence cases can be some of the most devastating cases faced by individuals. These cases often result in an individual being removed from their home and “no-contact” orders being issued to prevent you from talking to and/or seeing your loved ones. These no-contact orders can oftentimes include preventing contact with your children, even if the children were not involved in the dispute.

What is Domestic Violence?

Domestic violence is an assault or assault and battery against someone you have had a domestic relationship with in the past or currently. A domestic relationship includes parents, significant other, children, roommates, or someone you have a child in common with.

Each case is unique and requires its own individualized approach. At Tanis Schultz, we take the time to get to know you and the facts of your case. We make sure to do our own independent investigation and not just “leave it to the police” to tell us what happened. We are diligent and dedicated in our fight for you.

If you have been accused by an ex-spouse, current spouse, family member, or roommate, you need to speak with a Kent County domestic violence lawyer as soon as possible. You need to enforce your right to remain silent and do not talk to the police. The best advice we can give you is to remain silent when questioned by law enforcement and tell them that you want to speak to a lawyer.

Contact our office today for a free confidential case evaluation.

Note: If you are a victim of a crime or needing to sue for damages, please reach out to a civil attorney or the police.

Related Posts
  • Does Michigan Law Distinguish Between an OWI and a DUI? Read More
  • How Social Media Can Impact Your Ongoing Criminal Case Read More
  • Tanis Schultz Criminal Defense Team Secures Favorable Result in Involuntary Manslaughter Case Read More