We Have Secured Millions of Dollars in Settlements For Clients
Grand Rapids Personal Injury Lawyer
Schedule a Free Consultation to Discuss Your Personal Injury Case
Have you been injured due to the negligence of another party? Personal injury cases involve any injury or harm you suffered due to someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or malice, such as truck and auto accidents.
In such cases, you can file a claim against the negligent party seeking compensation for your injuries. You will need the help of an experienced personal injury attorney in Michigan, who can investigate and prepare the necessary evidence to back up your claim in court.
Our personal injury lawyers at Tanis Schultz have years of experience helping clients recover the compensation they deserve from injuries in the Grand Rapids area.
Our first step will be to determine the validity of your case in terms of fault, followed by a full assessment of the damages you should pursue. These situations can be highly complicated, so you should take advantage of our experience and strong service track record.
Furthermore, personal injury cases in Grand Rapids, Michigan, are subject to a statute of limitations which means you only have a specific window of time to file your personal injury claim.
Take a look at our client testimonials and see why we are the most trusted team of personal injury lawyers in all of Grand Rapids, MI, and beyond.
Contact a Grand Rapids Personal Injury Attorney at (616) 227-3737 to Discuss Your Case.
Personal Injury Cases in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Many situations can lead to a personal injury case in Michigan.
- Auto accidents
- Truck and commercial vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
- Dog bites
- Defective products
- Premises liability (injuries sustained on another’s property due to dangerous conditions)
In such cases, the compensation you may receive will be based on the circumstances of your case.
You may be eligible for compensation covering all of your medical expenses, including:
- Fees that will incur in the future
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of companionship
- Financial support in wrongful death cases and even punitive damages where applicable.
A personal injury lawyer in Grand Rapids can help navigate you through this process.
Each of the above situations is subject to specific laws governing the case. For example, medical malpractice damages for pain and suffering and other non-economic personal injuries are capped in Michigan. In addition, in Michigan auto accident cases, due to the state’s no-fault insurance, you can only sue an at-fault driver under certain severe conditions.
How Can A Personal Injury Lawyer In Grand Rapids Help You?
Hiring a personal injury attorney serving Grand Rapids will ensure you have the legal support and guidance you need during this critical time. Handling a personal injury case alone can be highly stressful and challenging. In addition, it may leave you risking the best possible outcome concerning your compensation.
Hiring a personal injury attorney can help in the following ways:
- Maximize Compensation: An experienced attorney knows the ins and outs of personal injury law and will be able to help ensure that you receive the best possible outcome for your case. Laws regarding personal injury can be intricate, and without a professional, you may not know the full legal rights that you are entitled to.
- Legal Guidance: Your attorney serving Grand Rapids will be able to provide you with objective legal guidance that can tremendously benefit you and your case. He or she will also be able to answer any questions that you may have regarding the legal matters of your case.
- Support: Having a reputable attorney by your side during this time is important for providing you with the emotional reassurance that you need. Your attorney is your best advocate and will help and support you throughout each step of the process.
- Saves Time & Money: The slightest mistake in the process can cost you both time and money. Your lawyer will ensure that all of the paperwork associated with your case is done correctly and promptly, so as to avoid the risk of prolonging the process.
- Effective Negotiation: An experienced personal injury lawyer serving Grand Rapids will have worked with countless individuals like you, struggling with a personal injury claim. A lawyer will know how to effectively communicate and negotiate with insurance companies so that you can receive maximum compensation for your damages.
- Effective Court Representation: Having an experienced lawyer in Grand Rapids to represent you in the case that you need to go to court is critical. In addition, you will want to show insurance companies that you have legal support and the ability to go to court. This may incentivize insurance companies to offer you a better settlement.
Because of the various rules pertaining to any personal injury case, it is in your best interests to consult with one of our knowledgeable Grand Rapids personal injury Attorneys for the guidance and representation you need.
- Obtaining Medical Records in a Social Security Claim
- Losing and Restoring Your Driving Privileges
- When You Have Claims for Both Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability
- Driver’s License Restoration & How To Prepare
Contact Our Compassionate, Experienced, Personal Injury Lawyer in Grand Rapids at Tanis Schultz for Legal Assistance Today!
“You can tell she really knows her stuff and will help you with all she’s got to offer every case, every time!” - M.H.
“Without this office's expert advice, professionalism, attention to detail, and preparation, I would still be disabled without benefits.” - A.
“They are clearly dedicated to their clients. I would highly recommend them!” - B.L.
Track Record of Success
The Tanis Schultz Difference
- Our attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience handling various areas of the law with precision.
- When you hire one of our experienced attorneys you get an entire team!
- We are a professional law firm that provides a competitive advantage and the experience to address your legal issues.
- Our attorneys have experience handling high-profile, complex cases with complete success.