Grand Rapids Felony Defense Lawyers
Are You Facing Felony Charges?
Felonies are the most serious criminal charges you can face in the state of Michigan. These are offenses that carry penalties of more than a year in county jail or in prison. If you have been charged with a felony, you need a qualified defense attorney. At Tanis Schultz, you will work with trial-tested legal professionals who have the experience and dedication necessary to help you fight for the best outcome. We understand the stress and confusion that you may be facing and are here to provide the guidance and support you need through this crisis.
Reach out to a Grand Rapids felony defense attorney at 616-227-3737 to schedule a free, initial case consultation.Our Guarantee: If your license is not restored your next hearing is free.
How Felonies are Charged in Michigan
Under Michigan law, felonies are classified into eight categories with Class A being the most serious. Michigan also has created high crime misdemeanors which are similar to felonies in that they carry two-year maximum jail sentences. Penalties for felonies vary depending on the class, any prior criminal history, and aggravating circumstances.
Felony crimes are charged and punished as follows:
- Class A felonies—such as murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and kidnapping—are punishable by any quantity of years up to life in prison
- Class B felonies—such as child pornography and second-degree arson—are punishable by up to 20 years in prison
- Class C felonies—such as manslaughter and robbery—are punishable by up to 15 years in prison
- Class D felonies—such as embezzlement or larceny of property valued at $20,000 or more—are punishable by up to 10 years in prison
- Class E felonies—such as first-degree shoplifting and carrying a gun—are punishable by up to 5 years in prison
- Class F felonies—such as marijuana possession with intent to deliver—are punishable by up to 4 years in prison
- Class G felonies—such as passing bad checks or second-offense domestic assault—are punishable by up to 2 years in prison
- Class H felonies are punishable by jail time, electronic monitoring, treatment, probation, or other alternatives
Felony convictions can also lead to fines as issued by the courts. They also result in a permanent criminal record that can impact your future ability to find employment, housing, or obtain educational financial aid. Strong legal representation is invaluable when facing any felony charge. At Tanis Schultz, you can have the benefit of our strong legal skills and extensive trial experience. Our attorneys will fight to protect your rights at every stage of the legal process .
Call our Grand Rapids felony defense lawyers at 616-227-3737 today to get started on your defense.
Criminal Sexual Conduct 1st Degree Not Guilty
Operating While Intoxicated III Charges Reduced
Felony Firearm, Carrying A Concealed Weapon Charges Reduced
Domestic Violence Felony Dismissed
Animal Cruelty Dismissed
Domestic Violence Dismissed
Domestic Violence Dismissed Outright
Operating While Intoxicated Dismissed
Tampering/Circumvention with an Interlock Device Restored Driving Privileges
Domestic Violence 1st Offense Dismissed
“They are clearly dedicated to their clients. I would highly recommend them!”- B.L.
“What an amazing firm and attorney! Megan was able to help me with my case and she did everything she promised and executed!”- N.T.
“I highly recommend this firm! Their attorneys are extremely knowledgeable and understanding with whatever their client needs.”- L.M.
When you hire one of the experienced attorneys at Tanis Schultz, you get an entire team!
Track Record of Success
Our attorneys have experience handling high-profile, complex cases with complete success.
Tanis Schultz is a professional law firm that provides a competitive advantage and the experience to address your legal issues.
Our attorneys have over 45 years of combined experience handling various areas of the law with precision.